Renew Your License Now

Renew your license by June 30, even if you haven’t completed CE. If you don’t renew by 11:59pm on June 30, your license will expire.

How do I renew?

  1. Go the Commission’s homepage,
  2. Click on Renew My Broker License.
  3. Enter your license number and PIN (password). Your PIN will be the last four digits of your Social Security number unless you have changed it.
  4. Verify your contact information, and update information if needed.
  5. Provide the “Employee Misclassification” disclosure and certification.
  6. If you are a Broker-in-Charge, you will be required to disclose information regarding your trust account(s) and any criminal convictions or disciplinary actions that have occurred within the previous year, if applicable.
  7. Pay the $45 renewal fee by Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, or PayPal.

What if information in my license record needs to be updated?*

During renewal, be sure to verify that the information in your license record is current. You may update your basic contact information (e.g., email address, home address, and telephone number) during step #1 of the renewal process. However, in order to change other information, e.g., name change, firm affiliations, etc., you will need to submit a form to the Commission.

Question: What form do I submit if my name has changed?

Answer: If your name has changed, you must submit Form 1.22, Request BROKER Name Change And/Or Request To Replace BROKER License/Pocket Card.

Question: I am no longer affiliated with the firm listed in my license record. What form do I submit to terminate the affiliation?

Answer: To terminate your affiliation with a firm or sole proprietorship, submit Form 2.22, Request to Terminate Your Affiliation with a Firm or Sole Proprietorship.

Question: I recently affiliated with a new firm. What form do I submit to add the affiliation?

Answer: If you are a provisional broker, your BIC must submit Form 2.08, License Activation and Broker Affiliation. If you are a full broker, your BIC or you may submit Form 2.08.

Questions regarding the renewal process, license record changes, or forms? Contact the Education and Licensing Division at or 919.875.3700, x772.

*Per Commission Rule 58A .0103(b): Every broker shall notify the Commission in writing of each change of personal name, firm name, trade name, residence address, firm address, telephone number, and email address within 10 days of said change. A broker notifying the Commission of a change of legal name or firm name shall also provide evidence of a legal name change for either the individual or firm, such as a court order or name change amendment from the Secretary of State’s Office.